Sunday, August 14, 2016

Writing Challenge Day 4

Fears Within.

I am naturally a negative person. It is how I was raised.For so many years I felt like I was drowning. Drowning in a sea of my past and who I was being told to be.

I am NOT who people wanted me to be. I became something more. I rose above the challenges. Fought for my education and for emotional and spiritual health. In a sense, I broke free.

I still struggle with fear. Fear that I will fail and disappoint those around me. Fear that I will give in to the temptations of this world.

Fear that I will not marry.
Fear that my debt will never be paid off.
Fear that I won't have kids.
Fear that a man will never love me.
Fear that I will fall into old ways and damage myself.
Fear that I won't loose the weight.
Fear that I will fail at my job.
Fear that I will let go of God.
Fear that I will slip into the dark.
Fear that I'll never accept myself fully for who I am.
fear.
FEAR.
Fear.
It is there- it is real.

Hold me Jesus. Filter out the fear within.

No comments:

Post a Comment