Sunday, August 21, 2016

Writing Challenge Catch Up

Heartache.

My earliest heartache was having my parents hand me over at a young age. Grandma and Grandpa saved the day. They took care of me on and off for years.
My parents missed out on so much.
Never went to a single tennis match. Never went to a softball game (except 1 in middle school). Missed all of my choir and band concerts. Did not visit me when I was in the hospital because I was suicidal.

My father refused to stand out of his wheelchair for my graduation photo. He was fully capable. Last year, he got up and petted and hugged on a horse at the fair.

It goes on and on. At some point, you have to stop caring. That was my first heartache of many. It also explains my mommy and daddy issues.


Taste of a memory.

I was very close to my grandparents. They essentially raised me. Once upon a time, my grandpa fell. He never told my grandma and ended up with a giant hernia...where his intestines hung down to his parts. . He was mid 70's...I think he knew. Knew his body was not strong.
Before the surgery, they put a pacemaker in. A few weeks later they operated on the hernia. Going into surgery, he offered me a diet pepsi and a ding dong- that was their favorite snack. He came out the first time fine, then he had internal bleeding. Eventually, the family went home. I refused. I stayed. I was in the waiting room, when my dad fought with me on the phone to come home. I refused. I got into a shouting match in the waiting room. Along came a high school teacher of mine assuring me it would be ok. It wasn't. I stayed. My friend Jon called and asked if I wanted to hang out. I explained the circumstances and where I was. He ended up coming to hang out with me. He asked what I needed- I said a soda and a bible. At one point, I told him he could go home whenever he wanted. He said school is cancelled tomorrow because of the hurricanes ( this happened between two of 3 hurricanes). I am staying here until you leave. At 3am, the nurse woke us up and told me to get the family down here for he was not going to make it. Jon never left. He stayed, prayed with people for their sickness. Waited it out. We ended up in my grandpas hospital room, all in a circle with my grandma under the bed. We watched him flatline, and she could tell by our faces. He passed away around 9:20am. I drove home with her that day and never moved back home. She needed me....after loosing her husband of 53 years. Grieving took a long time... especially since his room and bathroom became mine. Taste of a memory....of love and loss...


Ritual.

My favorite ritual used to be when my spiritual momma and dad would hug me before bed and pray over me. Another favorite ritual was when we used to hold hands as a family and pray every night. Then everyone grew up and moved out... Then they moved to California. Some things change, but memories always stay the same.


In 5 years.
I would love to have my National Board Cert.
I would love to be in a relationship.
I would love to have had a man finally tell me I was beautiful and have flowers delivered for my birthday.
I would love to have lost 200 pounds.
I would love to have my debt paid off.
I would love to have traveled someplace fun and far!


Home.
Home changed many times growing up. Now, I consider home...to be Yakima, WA. For years I still called Orlando home. November 1st will be my 10th anniversary of moving from everything I have ever known. Home. It does not have to be a place, but where your heart is. Friends, my heart has landed in the Pacific Northwest.



An adventure you hope to have.

I would love to geocache on some big road trip. Travel. Drive. Go to as many states as possible and find as many geocaches as possible! It would also be fun to travel the world, see the 7 wonders...and geocache.






No comments:

Post a Comment